Vision and Mission
“THE SALT CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT 48 COMMUNITY WILL PROMOTE THE RIGOROUS DEVELOPMENT OF ALL OF OUR STUDENTS AND INSPIRE THEM TO LEARN, GROW, LEAD AND SUCCEED IN A GLOBAL SOCIETY.”
“It is the vision of the Salt Creek School District 48 in the following areas to:”
- Develop confident and capable students who will be:
- Effective communicators who can read, write, speak and listen well in a wide variety of situations.
- Citizens who are respectful, responsible, and independent and who embrace the world’s diversity in a positive manner.
- Explorers of their world who are filled with a sense of curiosity and discovery, who will venture into the world willing to take risks, be innovative, and to truly make a difference.
- Successful thinkers who are able to balance analytic and creative thought, and who have a large body of knowledge on which to base their decisions.
- Life-long learners with a desire to seek out new knowledge and situations and with a capacity for fulfilling their personal mission.
Student Learning Programs
- Optimize a student’s ability to successfully learn and grow academically, socially, and emotionally
- Encourage and support students with a balanced academic and extracurricular education in order to be diverse thinkers
- Build a unified, engaged learning community of students, staff, parents and community members
- Maintain safety and security of existing facilities while keeping current with environmental and technical best practice
- Remain financially solvent and enhance revenue to support student learning